Tuesday, 21 April 2009

#22

At which point do you give up on a book? I'm halfway through Irrationality by Stuart Sutherland, but now i'm finding it a real slog to get through. I think i've started at the wrong point, it's like that scene from the Simpsons...

Homer: Steve! I mean, Al! I think I deserve a raise.
Al: Aw, you're a hard worker, and I'd like to give you a raise, but
the alley just ain't doing enough business to pay that kind of
money.
Homer: How about...if I triple the business? Then could I get a
raise?
Al: Well, yeah, but --
Homer: [motions him to stop]
[shot of Homer reading "Advanced Marketing" at home]
[shot of garbage can containing "Advanced Marketing" and Homer
reading "Basic Marketing"]
[shot of both books in garbage and Homer reading the dictionary]

Homer stares at a bowling ball for a while after looking up "marketing", then leaps forward: "Of course!" He stands in front of the bowling alley firing a shotgun repeatedly into the air and entreating the screaming people around him to come and bowl.


(from http://www.snpp.com/)

I think i need to look up Irrationality in the dictionary.

1 comment:

  1. Hello. My name is Luke and I blog at CovenantEyes.com/blog. I am getting ready to write about about how pornography addicts use blogging as way to help themselves through their addiction. Would you be interested in shooting me a quick email with some thoughts?

    1. Why do you blog about your addiction/temptation with porn?
    2. Have you been encouraged through your use of a blog? How?
    3. Have you met other bloggers who are doing the same thing?

    Let me know if you are interested in helping me with this! Thanks.

    luke.gilkerson@covenanteyes.com

    ReplyDelete